Sunday, September 18, 2011

Happy B'day My Dearest

It's my husband's birthday today.  His 62nd.  It's a double celebration as our second born and first boy, Nazim, was born on this date too.  It was not planned, but he chose to come in (out?) to the world earlier than anticipated.  In my labour I forgot all about my husband's birthday.  It was only when I was back in the recovery ward and when he thanked me for such a fine birthday present (the son) that made me recalled his birthday, and that was 31 years ago... Now Nazim is a father of two. 

Happy birthday to them both and may they both be blessed..........

As narrated by my late father-in-law, my husband arrival came days earlier than anticipated too.  My late mother-in-law came into labour traumatised by a robbery that took place earlier in the night.  Seemed that eight of them robbers took to breaking the door in the attempt to rob the family. 

My father-in-law was born to a family of nine boys and he was the eighth born.  Brought up in the village they took to religious education and the silat, the art of self-defence.  By then he had a five year old daughter and a three year old son and was working as a porter for the Malayan Railways.  He put up a strong defence leaving three of the robbers dead and the rest escaping into the dark of the night.  What a way for my husband to arrive into this world.

Nazim didn't come easy too.  I was put into induced labour as my gynea then, Dr. Prakash, suspected something amissed during my last ante-natal check-up.  He must have been super active, as at delivery it was realised that the umbilical cord was all around his neck.  He too was handed to me with a small cut on his head.  Seemed those in the labour room were over zealous when they tried breaking my waters.  In spite the journey, comparing among the siblings, Nazim was easiest to care for as an infant.

No comments:

Post a Comment