Wednesday, November 16, 2011

PR in the broader perspective

Had an audience with a PR consultant today.  They are really perception managers.  Managing how people perceive us and circumventing them to have the positives highlighted.  They are 'image consultants' (reminds me of the much talked-about APCO) taking care of how we portray ourselves, particularly in content.  I caught a few key words/phrases that I love to share.

To move ahead we are to adopt the following strategic imperatives:
  • to perform - governance
  • to innovate - promise of things to come
  • to collaborate - partnership
  • to nurture - training and skill development
  • to conserve - resource management
Those I would says by themselves are tall orders.  But to strive forward, those imperatives are to be in our blood.

Things said:
  • investor kit in place of press kit
  • new ID tag: Sustaining agriculture potentials - Supporting future growth.  To that we want 'through innovation' thrown in to portray our core business 
  • moving from tactical to strategic media initiatives
  • moving from food security to nutrition security

For a person with two days left in service, I feel that I have much more to learn.  For that I promise myself not to ever stop learning.  With abundant learning resources and time on my side, I will have plenty to do after my retirement.  I will just go on learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment