Sunday, April 21, 2013

Nomination analysis - MP for Rantau Panjang

Was talking to my brother this morning on GE13 MP candidate nomination for Rantau Panjang.  Kak Lah (Siti Zailah Yusof) as expected was renominated for PAS.  Kak Lah is much loved by the rakyat to be replaced just by anybody.  She is the people's person.  Come what may, she'll be there by you.  Those assisting her have always wondered where her energy comes from.



"Who is contesting her?", I questioned my brother.
"Aye sakit!", he shot me the answer.
(A sick chicken!)
"What?", I exclaimed in surprise.
"Ore dio (UMNO).  2008 dulu masok calon woke pati bebah, guna lambe aye", he explained.
(Their candidate (UMNO).  Was the 2008 independent candidate using the picture of a chicken as his contesting logo). 

Kelantan is well known for UMNO infightings and polarity.  It has always been puok kite, puok demo (our team, their team).  I think the sick chicken will be slaughtered too this time around.  But nobody's eating a sick chicken.  He'll just go to waste.

"What's going on in Pasir Mas?"
"Che Johe dah jjadi jutawe doh!"
(Che Johan is already a millionaire!)
"Berapo?"
(How much?).
"Katanye duo juto!"
(They said 2 m!)
"Sapo bui?"
(Who gave?)
"Puok demo".
(Their team)
Case closed.

     Heil to Datuk Kamilia!  A lady of principle.  I can testify to that.  She has been that way since I got to know her way back in the 70s.  We were in the same school in Seremban back then.  I'll surely vote for her should I be a KK resident.  Hope she would give a thought to Kak Lah's invitation.  She had never fit the UMNO image and it had kept me wondering all this while.  The KK parliamentary seat will be much watched come May 5.  My doa is all hers.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! That much huh? Things are getting rather expensive nowadays. Che Johan can never dream of ever getting that much for so simple a job. Even at 1 m he would do it. Anyway if he really was paid which I think he was, the source of money is definitely from a doubtful source such as the Scorpene commission for instance and the many other scandalous projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to wonder the tussle to be a politician. Underwork, overpaid. I can never dream of getting that much in my lifetime and he got it in just over 3 days, without having to do anything to top!

      Delete
  2. Salam Kak Wan,

    Sorry that I have been around here for some time... actually I've been away from blogging for too long. Now I see that you've posted more stories that I have for the past 2 months. I've got a lot of catching up reading to do.

    Anyway, I posted on this very subject of UMNO candidates Che Johan and Kamilia on my FB earlier today and Pak Zawi was the first to comment. I believe there's more to it than meets the eye... I'm sure more will be revealed later but I'm particularly interested to know Dato' Kamilia's real reason for going independent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back Oldstock. Sorry I am still with blogging while others have moved on. InsyaAllah, I'll come to other media by-and-by.

      Just give Datuk Kamilia some space. She has a lot to sort out within. The truth will come out in due time.

      Delete
    2. Frank I think she was just left out after her spat with Shahrizat. Najib seems to be listening more to the tainted ex Ketua Wanita than her deputy. Kamalia must have felt to be sidelined rather than brought into the mainstream discussion about party matter especially on the choice of candidate. Not being nominated for her own Division of Kuala Kangsar for the parliamentary seat must have been the last straw that broke the camel's back for her.

      Delete
    3. No brain drain here, UMNO's loss is the nation's gain.

      Delete