Wednesday, January 25, 2012

CNY - Naga Air 2012

Malaysia is known for the many public holidays and CNY is no exception.  It means so many different things to the assembly potpourri of ethnic groups here.  One thing common is that we would all have a long break.  Two days to be exact for the CNY proper, Monday & Tuesday.  With the weekends thrown in we have a four day continous break.  Hey, what is another extra three days (Wednesday, Thursday & Friday) and add yet again another weekend, the celebrative few would have a nine day break!  Hah...talk about some of us who would play seriously and work playfully!

For me I look forward to the family gathering.  No, I detest the traffic enough to avoid the balik kampung trip.  I look forward instead to Shaida and family who will be back from Banting and Nazim and family will be home from Sunway Subang.  As it turned out only Shaida and family were back.  Sherli took the long break opportunity to toilet train their two kids.  With Amir 3 and Meera going two, plus another on the way, the training is indeed timely.  The diaper cost is indeed eating into their budget.  So a get together was not to be for us.  Further Shaida with her impending transfer to USJ is taking the long break opportunity to ready their new abode.  On the up side Adam was left in our care while she went about clearing and washing their new place.  Faiz took the opportunity to go to Langkawi for a much deserved break.

Normally nasi dagang is a must menu for Hari Raya but I missed on that the last AidilAdha as I was not up to it.  So nasi dagang for CNY it was.  Realising the menu, Shaida SMSed me, "Feels like Raya".  My response, "Gongxi Fa Chai...maaaa", got her bursting in the seams.

My belated Gongxi Fa Chai to all my Chinese friends.  Reminds me of Swee Chuan, Datin Tay, Dr. Chee Koon, Ms Wan, Ms Lim, Kim Geok, Liang Hui, Say How, Hi Ben, Fatt Kow (to mention a few).  May all of you be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment