Monday, January 2, 2012

Retirement & Health

I am about three weeks into retirement.   Friends warn me that I'll soon be bored.  So far there are more things to do than there is time available.  Though what needs attending to are not at all mentally challenging, they nevertheless require some level of managerial planning, critical path methodology with some level of time management though at a less grandeur scale, else things will just go topsy-turvy.  Think I am more rested when I was working, only advantage is that I have myself to answer to.  I am enjoying this freedom and being bored is still far far away.

The house is indeed a riot today with everybody home, Nazim with the wife and two kids, and Shaida with hubby plus her two kids.  Faiz, however, excused himself for his company dinner.  Dinner for us remaining was a nasi Arab take-away that Shaida bought from a Cyberjaya restaurant on her way home.  Was planning on masak asam pedas ikan pari for dinner but shelved the idea when Shaida volunteered 'to take care' of it.

Was at BB Bangi Health Centre for my regular medical check-up on Friday.  My weight is worrying (nikmat selera dianugerahkan, Alhamdulillah) and I REALLY need to do something about it.  This has some implication on my blood sugar level which could turn me into a diabetic should I not put my weight under check.  The BP is surprisingly good so is the cholesterol level.  Not a new year's resolution but I'll have a workout schedule and be regimented about it should I really want to enjoy my retirement.  A visit to Serdang Hospital yesterday really gave me a scare.  A friend's husband and my former CEO were both down with stroke and are in neighbouring rooms there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment