Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sorry Sir, I didn't recognise you.

I was at Subang Dorset last week (July 14) for the Agric-Biz 2011-2012 Directory launching.  I was the stand-in for my immediate boss who was supposed to stand-in for his boss, the way it goes in most government departments/agencies.  So a stand-in I was.  Saw a few old hats around who left the organisation to join the KL rat race. 

Walking from the main hotel lobby towards the function room (Selangor 3) I came shoulder to shoulder (of course he is much taller) with a familiar looking gentleman who accessed from a side door.  Looking at it now, it's more of the main entry to the hotel function rooms.  As mentioned, he looked familiar but I can't really figure out who he really was then.  We exchanged smiles and walked side-by-side to the registration desk.  I registered and walked into the function room to take a seat.  I have a magazine to while away the waiting time.

Soon we have the MC at the mic welcoming us and inviting the publishing house chairman on stage.  We were shown slides to reminiscent of past launchings.  Soon it was time for the guest of honour for the new directory launching to be on stage.  Guess who?  He was the very same gentleman who was walking over to the registration desk with me.  My thousand apologies Sir for not recognising and acknowledging you.  I'll do my homework from now hereon Sir so that I won't have a repeat of this!  Incidentally he was not Dato' Mohd. Hashim (refer backdrop), the ministry KSU, but the TKSU, his stand-in.  Now the reason why my bosses are not here in person is solved.  It's been stand-ins all the way.



The event backdrop

2 comments:

  1. Wan,
    Thanks for the visit to my site and the interest in providing a washing machine to the Asrama Anak Yatim which is yet to be officially named by the owner Pak Pin is most welcome.
    I truly love your style of writing and I will be here more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pak Zawi,
    I am lost at ends on how to respond to your comments on my blog. Look simple enough but I am not getting through. I'll have to enroll in Blog School. After much exploration, I’ve overcame this hurdle. Yay…..

    ReplyDelete